@54ward nice shot! I really like the mans reflection in the puddle.
I played a bit around with the curves adjustment and sharpened it an tiny bit.
What do you think?
Wow! I like your version too! If you want I can send you the RAW file :)
@54ward BW lends itself really well you contrast and textures. Have you considered increasing the contrast and seeing if you can make the man stand out a bit more?
The thing is that when I edited this image I was paying a lot of attention to the exposure indicator of darktable (those highlighted blue pixels). Is this right or should I "ignore" them, specially in BW?
@54ward @Vyllibh No, don't ignore them. They are definitely a great tool. The question becomes what kind of image you want. If you want everything exposed properly then that's a great way of doing it. If you want to draw the eye to the subject of your image then you may have to over or under expose certain areas. While yes, keeping the whole image properly exposed can be a great way to edit, there could also be a case made for why you might want to over or underexpose certain areas.
@54ward @Vyllibh One of my favourite tools in Dark table is the tone Module. In the top right of the module it has an eye dropper and you can use that to find out where on the graph your subject lies. Then you can make sure your subject is properly exposed for the image you want, and you can change the tones of the area to make sure the eye is drawn to the subject.
@54ward @Rinkhals whether one should pay attention to such tool depends on what you want to achieve. Do you aim for a good photo from a technically point of view or an artistic one. In case you don't know him, there is a guy on Youtube making great videos on the artistic aspect of photography.
A video you might be interested in may be this on https://youtu.be/6gLEGl4klyE
I'm not sure though if it's the one I was thinking of. Internet here is horrible so I can't properly check.
A place for your photos and banter. Photog first is our motto
- photog.social doesn't monetize or profit off of your personal information
- Export and leave anytime
- Zero tolerance for harassment or bullying, if you do this your account will be deleted
- All content is ©️ each user and cannot be distributed or used without prior permission by the respective photog.social user
- By using this site you understand that it is not a backup or permanent repository for your information, statuses or media ; additionally, your media was downsized on original upload and is not exportable at this time upon transferring to new instance
- You may support the community by boosting and positively interacting with everyone
- No Loli
- No Bots w/o Approval
- Respect Others
If you're feeling like supporting the photog.social Mastodon instance monetarily, feel free to choose an option below.
We appreciate it and 💘 the support!