Image descriptions help the blind community via screen readers.
Aim for no bigger than 1280px on the long edge. Larger is pointless and just wastes server resources.
Your posts are federated across most of the Mastodon and ActivityPub Fediverse. Sometimes people will report you or you will report others. Those reports will go to the instance owner to action, both your instances admin and the admin or the instance being reported. Actions can be taken on either end.
Welcome new people!
We're seeing a high number of new signups recently (high for our small instance that is), so I thought a quick intro to some mastodon features and community expectations was in order.
Content Warnings (CW) are heavily used on Mastodon for everything from nudity to eye contact, to food. While it is definitely a personal choice, please try to be aware of the wider community's feelings.
Image descriptions are highly recommended (click "Edit" on the image). ...1/2
This Plantain Squirrel (Callosciurus notatus) found some food and went on to this branch to feed, ignoring the human happily snapping shots of it. :-) Spotted at Chestnut Nature Park, Singapore, on 18 Sept 2021.
Plantain Squirrels are common squirrels found in Singapore.
On iNaturalist [ https://www.inaturalist.org/observations/95240596 ]
My EyeEm is below:
Always wanting to improve myself, so will be sharing photos here to see what others can recommend for me!
A place for your photos and banter. Photog first is our motto
- photog.social doesn't monetize or profit off of your personal information
- Export and leave anytime
- Zero tolerance for harassment or bullying, if you do this your account will be deleted
- All content is ©️ each user and cannot be distributed or used without prior permission by the respective photog.social user
- By using this site you understand that it is not a backup or permanent repository for your information, statuses or media ; additionally, your media was downsized on original upload and is not exportable at this time upon transferring to new instance
- You may support the community by boosting and positively interacting with everyone
- No Loli
- No Bots w/o Approval
- Respect Others
If you're feeling like supporting the photog.social Mastodon instance monetarily, feel free to choose an option below.
We appreciate it and 💘 the support!