More new work, you lucky devils! Welcome to Easedale, a small valley near Grasmere village that hides a lot of wonderful features.
There’s loads more photos here, if you’re bored -> https://www.iancylkowski.com/blog/2021/4/1/easedale-lake-district-spring 👍
@IanCykowski I've been there! 😃
Almost 30 years ago I hiked up to Easedale Tarn and beyond. Is that Easedale Tarn in the 3rd picture?
@IanCykowski It says something about how much I liked it there that I can recognize Easedale Tarn from a photo 30 years after my visit.
What a beautiful place!
@IanCykowski I think it was on that specific hike up to Easedale Tarn where I later in the day got lost in the fog on a nearby hilltop. I forgot the name of that fell... it was sunny when I was coming up Easedale and by the time I made it to the top of the hill, I was stuck in a cloud.
It was one of those rounded, treeless hilltops in the Lake District and I had no compass... I was literally lost, since the grassy hill looked the same in all directions. It took me quite some time to slowly find my way back down towards Grasmere. 😅
@tsturm It could well be you ended up on High Raise. It’s possible to hike up to that fell after visiting Easedale Tarn. High Raise is a very expansive, featureless fell that’s also fairly high, about 760 metres.
@IanCykowski "featureless" is exactly what it felt like in the fog. 😆
Back in the 90s this was still slightly unnerving, since one couldn't just whip out their phone and check a GPS-guided map.
I had come up on one side in the sun, and from the other side clouds had arrived, so I had no warning that I would hike into the fog. Felt a bit foolish when I stood up there with 20m visibility and no path.
@IanCykowski I like your landscape photos very much. But I must say the other once I like more. But nontheless these are also nice pictures. 👍🏻
A place for your photos and banter. Photog first is our motto
- photog.social doesn't monetize or profit off of your personal information
- Export and leave anytime
- Zero tolerance for harassment or bullying, if you do this your account will be deleted
- All content is ©️ each user and cannot be distributed or used without prior permission by the respective photog.social user
- By using this site you understand that it is not a backup or permanent repository for your information, statuses or media ; additionally, your media was downsized on original upload and is not exportable at this time upon transferring to new instance
- You may support the community by boosting and positively interacting with everyone
- No Loli
- No Bots w/o Approval
- Respect Others
If you're feeling like supporting the photog.social Mastodon instance monetarily, feel free to choose an option below.
We appreciate it and 💘 the support!