Besides my RB67 I've also used my old Asahi Pentax once again last year. Besides some issues with the mirror which were solved with a drip of oil (mechanical camera's! ;) and the fact that the battery for the light-meter are no longer sold it still worked fine.
As the model is from 1963 (and the camera was at least 3th had when I bought it around my 12/13th birthday) it's as old as I am and still going strong.. Like it's owner..;))
Asahi Pentax Spotmatic, 50mm/1.8 on kodak tmax 100
@Jondor The pentax takumar lenses are just fantastic, what they do with some Kodak Ektar is amazing. I'm actually selling my pentax spotmatic kit to fund a 4x5 intrepid camera. I don't shoot 35mm anymore sadly.
@filmhotdog Yep, it's one of those.. (had to check as my memory for japanese names is not great..;)
I actually bought a p-wire to sony a-mount adapter so I can still use it on my A65, just for the heck of it.. This shot was made that way.
Of course no aperture control and the like, but then again, that's what keeps things interesting..
@Jondor have you looked up WeinCell batteries?
actually i did find a replacement battery but they didn't sell them in the Netherlands and sending them from abroad made them rather expensive.
So i used my handheld light meter. Especially since it was for a single film to see if the camera was still in working order.
Thanks for the pointer though!
A place for your photos and banter. Photog first is our motto
- photog.social doesn't monetize or profit off of your personal information
- Export and leave anytime
- Zero tolerance for harassment or bullying, if you do this your account will be deleted
- All content is ©️ each user and cannot be distributed or used without prior permission by the respective photog.social user
- By using this site you understand that it is not a backup or permanent repository for your information, statuses or media ; additionally, your media was downsized on original upload and is not exportable at this time upon transferring to new instance
- You may support the community by boosting and positively interacting with everyone
- No Loli
- No Bots w/o Approval
- Respect Others
If you're feeling like supporting the photog.social Mastodon instance monetarily, feel free to choose an option below.
We appreciate it and 💘 the support!