@Jondor @Matt Gotta smooth out that foil! hahaha I haven't done 35mm or digital pinhole but I heard the pinhole has to get closer to the film/sensor then the body cap allows. If you haven't heard of them before there is a great pinhole podcast called "the lensless podcast" it's a weekly podcast and a good listen.
@filmhotdog the hole in that one is at least round. Didn't dare to show the backsite of mine..
But if closer to the sensor is mostly for get more light, then that shouldn't to be to much of an issue?! Depending on the camera you can go quite hight with the iso. The pictures I posted were all with iso400..
@Jondor Yeah mostly to get a wider image and more light, but one can only get so close without hitting the mirror on a SLR unless it has MLU or is mirrorless.
@filmhotdog My current sony is mirrorless..
It's great, I also don't really have to guess doing a long expose... And manual focusing is easy..
I didn't make my own but bought one from ebay like this one https://www.ebay.com/itm/Canon-EOS-Dustless-Pinhole-Lens-Body-cap-camera-Photography-lomo-Rebel-T4i-ect/290961868076?hash=item43beadc52c:g:NC4AAOxyOBJRBsAj:rk:9:pf:0
It works, not sure just what I was expecting. This is a shot using it of the building across the street from me
f stop 167 - Angle of View 46.6 degrees
@youcantoo Its very reminiscent of an image taken with a zone plate. It has a nice glow and softness to it.
A place for your photos and banter. Photog first is our motto
- photog.social doesn't monetize or profit off of your personal information
- Export and leave anytime
- Zero tolerance for harassment or bullying, if you do this your account will be deleted
- All content is ©️ each user and cannot be distributed or used without prior permission by the respective photog.social user
- By using this site you understand that it is not a backup or permanent repository for your information, statuses or media ; additionally, your media was downsized on original upload and is not exportable at this time upon transferring to new instance
- You may support the community by boosting and positively interacting with everyone
- No Loli
- No Bots w/o Approval
- Respect Others
If you're feeling like supporting the photog.social Mastodon instance monetarily, feel free to choose an option below.
We appreciate it and 💘 the support!