I currently have a Nikon D5300 with two lenses (18-55mm with AF, 28-200mm without AF), both with different diameters. I'm looking to upgrade to a mirrorless in 2 years or so, probably with a sony-sensor.
Considering I'll have to ditch my current lenses, accessorizes and such anyways, does it still make sense to invest into eg. UV filters and such for my current gear?
@LeoWattenberg filters are by lens diameter, not manufacturer. You could buy larger ones and get a set of stepping rings to fit any smaller ones too.
@LeoWattenberg That, possibly, would depend on how much use you might gain from any purchase over your 2 year window of course?
@itdm5j21 I can do most images I want to do as it is now, except long exposure ones (no ND-filters). So all those filters would do for me is open a niche genre of photography for me, and make my other pics look slightly nicer, which probably wouldn't make it worth it on its own.
But as @laraby has pointed out, which I wasn't aware of before, I could continue using them with the new system using stepping rings. So I'll probably go out and buy a bunch of them one of these days.
@LeoWattenberg hei, i personally never use uv filters, they are more of a leftover from the film Era. Just be careful with your lenses.
A place for your photos and banter. Photog first is our motto
- photog.social doesn't monetize or profit off of your personal information
- Export and leave anytime
- Zero tolerance for harassment or bullying, if you do this your account will be deleted
- All content is ©️ each user and cannot be distributed or used without prior permission by the respective photog.social user
- By using this site you understand that it is not a backup or permanent repository for your information, statuses or media ; additionally, your media was downsized on original upload and is not exportable at this time upon transferring to new instance
- You may support the community by boosting and positively interacting with everyone
- No Loli
- No Bots w/o Approval
- Respect Others
If you're feeling like supporting the photog.social Mastodon instance monetarily, feel free to choose an option below.
We appreciate it and 💘 the support!