The sculpture "Versunkene Riese" in Weimar is made of black stone with smooth surface. Ideal to polarize diffuse light from the cloudy sky.
a) full instensity, rotating polarizer [animation]
b) no polarizer
c) unpolarized comonent only
d) polarized component only
Location: Frauenplan, Weimar, Germany
Illumination: natural (cloudy)
In total I take 16 images with a rotating polarizer. Then I use some python code I wrote to evaluate these images and retrieve (for each pixel and each color-channel):
- the (linearly) polarized component (intensity and direction)
- unpolarized component
- total intensity and
- degree of linear polarization.
A place for your photos and banter. Photog first is our motto
- photog.social doesn't monetize or profit off of your personal information
- Export and leave anytime
- Zero tolerance for harassment or bullying, if you do this your account will be deleted
- All content is ©️ each user and cannot be distributed or used without prior permission by the respective photog.social user
- By using this site you understand that it is not a backup or permanent repository for your information, statuses or media ; additionally, your media was downsized on original upload and is not exportable at this time upon transferring to new instance
- You may support the community by boosting and positively interacting with everyone
- No Loli
- No Bots w/o Approval
- Respect Others
If you're feeling like supporting the photog.social Mastodon instance monetarily, feel free to choose an option below.
We appreciate it and 💘 the support!