a) full intensity, rotating polarizer [animation]
b) unpolarized component
c) polarized component
d) angle of polarization, colorcoded (false color)
Location: Jena, Germany
Illumination: natural (blue sky)
#PolarizationPhotography #polarizationfilter #polarization #Jena
@butdidyoudie I have equipped my camera with a stepper motor which rotates the polarizer. I acutally take 16 images with different polarization angles and the postprocess these 16 images to retrieve the polarization state at each pixel.
Awesome, so cool. So you have software that stacks them and then colorizes the difference between them?
I have written python scripts that process these images, retrieve polarimetric properties and then exports images of the different components (Polarized / unpolarized comonent, or the angle of polarization in false color)
A place for your photos and banter. Photog first is our motto
- photog.social doesn't monetize or profit off of your personal information
- Export and leave anytime
- Zero tolerance for harassment or bullying, if you do this your account will be deleted
- All content is ©️ each user and cannot be distributed or used without prior permission by the respective photog.social user
- By using this site you understand that it is not a backup or permanent repository for your information, statuses or media ; additionally, your media was downsized on original upload and is not exportable at this time upon transferring to new instance
- You may support the community by boosting and positively interacting with everyone
- No Loli
- No Bots w/o Approval
- Respect Others
If you're feeling like supporting the photog.social Mastodon instance monetarily, feel free to choose an option below.
We appreciate it and 💘 the support!