@Jondor you could try using a vpn, I bet it will work via vpn
@hugo yeah, but that feels like a defeat doesn't it?
@hugo Not really. I'm now supposed to come from "Your IP is: 18.104.22.168
Belongs to Webair Internet Development Company Inc."
in the USA and still exactly the same I see locally.
@Jondor hummm you connected via two different routers before right? One from work and one from home, right?
@Jondor do you have mobile data on your photo that you could try and disable the phone WiFi and retry with mobile data on the smartphone?
@Wraptile Thanks, the problem has been solved in that I, when starting with Mastodon, selected a language filter on Dutch. This works somewhat, but not completely as I saw toots in English and Japanse. Hence it never occurred to me that this could be the issue.
Anyhow, unsetting this setting solved my issue.
Thanks for helping in trying to solve my issue.. Much appriciated!
A place for your photos and banter. Photog first is our motto
- photog.social doesn't monetize or profit off of your personal information
- Export and leave anytime
- Zero tolerance for harassment or bullying, if you do this your account will be deleted
- All content is ©️ each user and cannot be distributed or used without prior permission by the respective photog.social user
- By using this site you understand that it is not a backup or permanent repository for your information, statuses or media ; additionally, your media was downsized on original upload and is not exportable at this time upon transferring to new instance
- You may support the community by boosting and positively interacting with everyone
- No Loli
- No Bots w/o Approval
- Respect Others
If you're feeling like supporting the photog.social Mastodon instance monetarily, feel free to choose an option below.
We appreciate it and 💘 the support!