Happy to get my first shot of a Dark Tit (Hypolycaena thecloides). This was at the forested upper end of Jurong Eco Garden, Singapore, on 9 Feb 2020.
Construction works were going on less than 100 metres from here, but it hasn't affect this part of the garden much, I think.
The butterfly is listed as moderately rare in Singapore.
On iNaturalist [ https://www.inaturalist.org/observations/38458668 ]
As I'm building out this film #Photography stuff I realize I only 'need' 4 lenses
- Walk about zoom
- Walk about prime around 35-45mm (35mm film equiv)
- Decent telephoto
- Macro prime
These are my go-to lenses. Hands down.
📣 PSA 📣
We've just updated to @halcyon 2.4.7
It's still at https://itter.photog.social for everyone.
Full details: https://social.csswg.org/@halcyon/103630329156294920
A Eurasian Tree Sparrow (Passer montanus) spotted at Pandan Gardens, Singapore, on 6 Feb 2020. One of a group of sparrows looking for food.
This sparrow is a common resident bird.
On iNaturalist [ https://www.inaturalist.org/observations/38356026 ]
 I was talking with a friend about out of focus rendition (aka: #Bokeh) in #photography and came up with an illustration of neutral to severely under-corrected spherical aberrations and their effects on #photographs - #BW #BlackAndWhite #Monochrome #Sony NEX-7 #Pentax 85mm Soft f/2.2 #Nikon #Nikkor 105mm f/2.5 P and #MicroNikkor 55mm f/3.5 #Art #Photographie #Linux #Gimp #rawtherapee
I'm very happy with this shot.
This is Amanda. She's a wonderful person, and she's worked really hard to get where she is.
I've got some great stuff coming up this month, it might not be a bad time to check out the NFGphoto Patreon. ^__^
Spotted this Long-tailed Shrike (Lanius schach) near my workplace again today, 5 Feb 2020 in Singapore. Only it wasn't alone: I spotted another one nearby: they might be a family! 😃
On iNaturalist [ https://www.inaturalist.org/observations/38324237 ].
I was talking with a friend about out of focus rendition in #photography and came up with an illustration of neutral to severely under-corrected spherical aberrations and their effects on #photographs - #BW #BlackAndWhite #Monochrome #Sony NEX-7 #Pentax 85mm Soft f/2.2 #Nikon #Nikkor 105mm f/2.5 P and #MicroNikkor 55mm f/3.5 #Art #Photographie #Linux #Gimp #rawtherapee
A place for your photos and banter. Photog first is our motto
- photog.social doesn't monetize or profit off of your personal information
- Export and leave anytime
- Zero tolerance for harassment or bullying, if you do this your account will be deleted
- All content is ©️ each user and cannot be distributed or used without prior permission by the respective photog.social user
- By using this site you understand that it is not a backup or permanent repository for your information, statuses or media ; additionally, your media was downsized on original upload and is not exportable at this time upon transferring to new instance
- You may support the community by boosting and positively interacting with everyone
- No Loli
- No Bots w/o Approval
- Respect Others
If you're feeling like supporting the photog.social Mastodon instance monetarily, feel free to choose an option below.
We appreciate it and 💘 the support!