A Parrot story in three parts.
Part the first. Boy calls for seed, and stays on the railing as I put some on the feeder, & a bit for him on the railing. He eats.
Part the second. Girl sees him, ignores seed horde on feeder, displaces boy and eats.
Part the third. Boy meekly sits to the side watching Girl eat his seed.
Happy to get my first sighting of the Sultan (Camacinia gigantea), taken on 30 August, 2020. This was at the Kranji Marshes, Singapore. I knew it was the Sultan from its distinctive size and colour but had to wait until it settled to get the shot.
The Sultan is a rare local dragonfly that looks like the local Common Parasol dragonfly, but is twice as large.
On iNaturalist [ https://www.inaturalist.org/observations/58005380 ]
NEW WORK: the Watlowes Dry Valley (plus extra bits). The site of an extinct waterfall; you can really see the history in the rocks.
More photos of this hike right here https://www.iancylkowski.com/blog/2020/8/29/watlowes-dry-valley-yorkshire-dales-summerautumn 👍
#Admin of this instance
Please reach out
A place for your photos and banter. Photog first is our motto
- photog.social doesn't monetize or profit off of your personal information
- Export and leave anytime
- Zero tolerance for harassment or bullying, if you do this your account will be deleted
- All content is ©️ each user and cannot be distributed or used without prior permission by the respective photog.social user
- By using this site you understand that it is not a backup or permanent repository for your information, statuses or media ; additionally, your media was downsized on original upload and is not exportable at this time upon transferring to new instance
- You may support the community by boosting and positively interacting with everyone
- No Loli
- No Bots w/o Approval
- Respect Others
If you're feeling like supporting the photog.social Mastodon instance monetarily, feel free to choose an option below.
We appreciate it and 💘 the support!