Finally had a chance to try out my ND filter, this is raw straight from the camera (no edits).
Brighton Palace Pier at Low Tide.
30 Second exposure and F22.
I love the silky smooth sea and clouds of this effect.
Also a seagull managed to stay still for the whole shot.
@andybroomfield Sweet shot! Would love to see the edited version once you have played around with it a bit
@Rinkhals thanks, still exprimenting with various settings to see if I can do longer exposures.
@andybroomfield How dark is your ND filter and how long of an exposure are you hoping for?
@Rinkhals Its a variable filter (2 up to ND 400), still experimenting with the settings.
Hopeing to do 5 minute exposures to really smooth out the sea and clouds, however that requires a really strong filter.
Having fun with it though.
@andybroomfield Oh wicked! I enjoy long exposures too. I look forward to seeing what you come up with
A place for your photos and banter. Photog first is our motto
- photog.social doesn't monetize or profit off of your personal information
- Export and leave anytime
- Zero tolerance for harassment or bullying, if you do this your account will be deleted
- All content is ©️ each user and cannot be distributed or used without prior permission by the respective photog.social user
- By using this site you understand that it is not a backup or permanent repository for your information, statuses or media ; additionally, your media was downsized on original upload and is not exportable at this time upon transferring to new instance
- You may support the community by boosting and positively interacting with everyone
- No Loli
- No Bots w/o Approval
- Respect Others
If you're feeling like supporting the photog.social Mastodon instance monetarily, feel free to choose an option below.
We appreciate it and 💘 the support!