I came across another duck family this afternoon leaving work. This one consisted of 6 fairly new ducklings and two fairly laid back parents (usually Papa duck will hiss and run at anyone close, but this one didn't mind me being about 3.5-4m away).
>I came across another duck family this afternoon leaving work.
My first thought was "Ducks have to *work* in Australia? Neoliberalism is definitely going too far, but at least they seem to get parental leave" 😆
but I guess posing for a nature photographer /would/ count as work - this is also the first time I've read about both parents in a duck family looking after offspring (maybe AU ducks are getting smarter?) 🦆
It might just be the wood ducks. I haven't observed many ducklings from other Australian duck species to compare.
@david interesting species - very goose-like in their behaviour (I didn't even know until today you had different ducks in Australia, I though ducks were by and large the same species all around the world...)
@vfrmedia oh yes, we have many types of ducks here.
@vfrmedia some of these are geese obviously because the app I have sorts them together
A place for your photos and banter. Photog first is our motto
- photog.social doesn't monetize or profit off of your personal information
- Export and leave anytime
- Zero tolerance for harassment or bullying, if you do this your account will be deleted
- All content is ©️ each user and cannot be distributed or used without prior permission by the respective photog.social user
- By using this site you understand that it is not a backup or permanent repository for your information, statuses or media ; additionally, your media was downsized on original upload and is not exportable at this time upon transferring to new instance
- You may support the community by boosting and positively interacting with everyone
- No Loli
- No Bots w/o Approval
- Respect Others
If you're feeling like supporting the photog.social Mastodon instance monetarily, feel free to choose an option below.
We appreciate it and 💘 the support!