Do any fedi friends have access to a theological library?
I'm trying to find someone to help me get a photocopy of a page or two from this book:
It allegedly contains a photo of a cuneiform tablet which records history's oldest joke.
As a clown, I need a copy. :)
I'm also interested in having a copy of the book, though it seems to be looooooong out of print.
Any help, including boosts, appreciated!
@RussSharek I have both a physical copy available in our library at work, and apparently access to it online (checking now).
The joys of working at an Academic Library :)
@RussSharek Oh scratch the online copy, it's actually in the references of some other book by Ruth Finnegan.
But I still have access to the physical copy.
I'm impressed that I got this far. Any chance you'd be willing to look for the tablet in question, or references to it?
@RussSharek I'm in the office on Tuesday (it's currently Sunday night). So I'll try to remember to pop over to the central library and scan the relevant pages :)
A place for your photos and banter. Photog first is our motto
- photog.social doesn't monetize or profit off of your personal information
- Export and leave anytime
- Zero tolerance for harassment or bullying, if you do this your account will be deleted
- All content is ©️ each user and cannot be distributed or used without prior permission by the respective photog.social user
- By using this site you understand that it is not a backup or permanent repository for your information, statuses or media ; additionally, your media was downsized on original upload and is not exportable at this time upon transferring to new instance
- You may support the community by boosting and positively interacting with everyone
- No Loli
- No Bots w/o Approval
- Respect Others
If you're feeling like supporting the photog.social Mastodon instance monetarily, feel free to choose an option below.
We appreciate it and 💘 the support!