Hi everyone! I have a question for photographers under linux: what tool do you use to edit the IPTC metadata of your photos ?
Je suis sur le poids d'essayer digikam, qui a l'air d'être le seul truc un peu sérieux (de ce que j'ai pu trouver jusqu'à présent), mais autant installer tout kde (je n'ai rien contre, hein, mais j'ai mes petites habitudes sous gnome).
@entuall Digikam and rawtherapee can both handle this.
I use Digikam.
@Jondor Thank you very much for your answer! I am currently trying digikam now and ... and I find it very good :)
@entuall It's a nice program. Personally I only find it a pity that they put a lot of effort into an "edit" option which doesn't come close to Gimp, Krita or one of the RAW tools like darktable or RawTherapee..
That being said, it;s a great tool for managing images.
@Jondor Well, I won't use it to edit my photos anyway. I already use darktable for that. First, I just wanted a tool to edit IPTC metadata, but I see this is a great tool to manage a large collection of images. Thank you!
A place for your photos and banter. Photog first is our motto
- photog.social doesn't monetize or profit off of your personal information
- Export and leave anytime
- Zero tolerance for harassment or bullying, if you do this your account will be deleted
- All content is ©️ each user and cannot be distributed or used without prior permission by the respective photog.social user
- By using this site you understand that it is not a backup or permanent repository for your information, statuses or media ; additionally, your media was downsized on original upload and is not exportable at this time upon transferring to new instance
- You may support the community by boosting and positively interacting with everyone
- No Loli
- No Bots w/o Approval
- Respect Others
If you're feeling like supporting the photog.social Mastodon instance monetarily, feel free to choose an option below.
We appreciate it and 💘 the support!