Hi everyone! I have a question for photographers under linux: what tool do you use to edit the IPTC metadata of your photos ?
@entuall Digikam and rawtherapee can both handle this.
I use Digikam.
@Jondor Thank you very much for your answer! I am currently trying digikam now and ... and I find it very good :)
@entuall It's a nice program. Personally I only find it a pity that they put a lot of effort into an "edit" option which doesn't come close to Gimp, Krita or one of the RAW tools like darktable or RawTherapee..
That being said, it;s a great tool for managing images.
@Jondor Well, I won't use it to edit my photos anyway. I already use darktable for that. First, I just wanted a tool to edit IPTC metadata, but I see this is a great tool to manage a large collection of images. Thank you!
A place for your photos and banter. Photog first is our motto
- photog.social doesn't monetize or profit off of your personal information
- Export and leave anytime
- Zero tolerance for harassment or bullying, if you do this your account will be deleted
- All content is ©️ each user and cannot be distributed or used without prior permission by the respective photog.social user
- By using this site you understand that it is not a backup or permanent repository for your information, statuses or media ; additionally, your media was downsized on original upload and is not exportable at this time upon transferring to new instance
- You may support the community by boosting and positively interacting with everyone
- No Loli
- No Bots w/o Approval
- Respect Others
If you're feeling like supporting the photog.social Mastodon instance monetarily, feel free to choose an option below.
We appreciate it and 💘 the support!