@filmhotdog fun project and your pinhole images are a lot sharper than mine from some experimentation a few years ago..
@Jondor Yeah I was a bit surprised how sharp the images came out for a home made pinhole. The laser drilled ones are a lot sharper. I believe those are the ones they use in the "reality so subtle" cameras, which is to sharp for my taste.
@filmhotdog mine was a needle and some aluminum sheet together over a hole and in camera cap..;)
So very shoestring DIY , but your images are quite good.
@Jondor This one is made out of brass shim. Following the normal order they tell you online. Make a dimple with a ballpoint pen then poke the needle then sand the other side etc.. I think I'll be doing a bit more pinhole this year, really makes you see things in a diffrent way especially if its a wider pinhole.
@filmhotdog I had a wild idea to make a large format camera projecting the image on a transparent surface and use a filmscanner like the epson 700 to scan the transparent. Heavy, cluncky and slow, but very cool if it would works.. For my personal Adam Ansel moments..;)
@Jondor Hahaha yeah that would be a bit clunky to work with. I do have a 8x10 pinhole I'm working on. It uses simple photography paper and can be developed in a bathroom with an amber light, then contact printed using normal room light. Which is great for those without darkroom.
@filmhotdog @Jondor - I'm currently in the parts accumulation process making a plywood 8x10 pinhole. I have just today received some brass shim to make the pinhole with, I'm part waay through cutting the ply for the box. Just need to finish that and assemble, paint the inside etc.
My plan is to take a couple of test shots to check the f-stop, then make a double solstice (12 month) exposure Solargraph. 😆
A place for your photos and banter. Photog first is our motto
- photog.social doesn't monetize or profit off of your personal information
- Export and leave anytime
- Zero tolerance for harassment or bullying, if you do this your account will be deleted
- All content is ©️ each user and cannot be distributed or used without prior permission by the respective photog.social user
- By using this site you understand that it is not a backup or permanent repository for your information, statuses or media ; additionally, your media was downsized on original upload and is not exportable at this time upon transferring to new instance
- You may support the community by boosting and positively interacting with everyone
- No Loli
- No Bots w/o Approval
- Respect Others
If you're feeling like supporting the photog.social Mastodon instance monetarily, feel free to choose an option below.
We appreciate it and 💘 the support!