One of the reasons I love Melbourne is diversity of the food!
You may find a Malaysian restaurant right next to middle eastern one and they are all very tasty.
You can find cafe serving scramble eggs with XO sauce. You can also compare doner kebab to charcoal souvlaki next door.
oh boy, I should stop here... 😋
Wife asked me to get a new coffee grinder because I drink a lot of coffee everyday.
Compared to what I've spent on camera related staff and how often I take photos, I am pretty sure it would be a much better buy.
So I got the famous Comandante C40.
Well, this thing is good but not as good as I expected. It grinds more slowly and is harder to hold compared to Lido 3.
It does look great though. So I would probably use it as decoration in the kitchen and use Lido 3 instead. 😑
My son (10 yro) was exploring methods to improve ping for connecting to a minecraft server and some posts taught him to change local DNS server IP to 127.0.0.3.
So what I did was:
1. Create a Minecraft server on a local VPS so he could play with his friends.
2. Gave him a brief introduction of how DNS works and hoping he would understand why it is dangerous to follow `instructions` he found on internet blindly.
I hope he would reach out to me next time he wants to do some experiment.
It is also ashamed that everything is trying to be subscription based.
People are not used to buy physical copies of games, CDs, DVDs and they are more willing to rely on whatever the platform promote to them because there are too much content.
When the platform decides to remove some content, people will never be able to retrieve them like they never exist.
I saw #penpal on federated timeline and I felt sorry for my kids growing up in this digital era.
They probably owns nothing when they grow up. Their messages are stored on big corporation's server and they probably can't retrieve them 50 years later.
They will never understand the excitement I had when I checked my letter box everyday after school nor the choice of paper, pen, handwriting, ink is also part of the message to deliver.
I miss the old days greatly.
I had a plan to remove Google products from my life as much as possible.
When YouTube decided to delete my wife and kids' accounts without any explanation (How on earth can they violate community guidance when they don't bloody post anything, not even comment), it gives me no choice but to accelerate my plan.
First step is migrating my channel to odysee.com
Next is to find a good email provider. I've been using my own email for a long time but it is always tricky to persuade my wife.
There are so many crazy things happening right now, we really need to give ourselves a way out, just in case we are stuck somehow.
I love walking around the city alone, listening to classical music with a noise cancellation headphone, with a clear mind that I can finally relax.
This world is beautiful, if you don't feel it, stay away from social media and look harder.
A place for your photos and banter. Photog first is our motto
- photog.social doesn't monetize or profit off of your personal information
- Export and leave anytime
- Zero tolerance for harassment or bullying, if you do this your account will be deleted
- All content is ©️ each user and cannot be distributed or used without prior permission by the respective photog.social user
- By using this site you understand that it is not a backup or permanent repository for your information, statuses or media ; additionally, your media was downsized on original upload and is not exportable at this time upon transferring to new instance
- You may support the community by boosting and positively interacting with everyone
- No Loli
- No Bots w/o Approval
- Respect Others
If you're feeling like supporting the photog.social Mastodon instance monetarily, feel free to choose an option below.
We appreciate it and 💘 the support!