here's an old photo I took about ten years ago.
I've got this project over on the tumblz where I post photos from ten years ago, and write what I can remember about that time in my life.
Turns out I can only remember bummer crud.
If you wanna read the text that goes with this photo, you can check it out here: http://townsendtenyearsago.tumblr.com/post/183416378954/march-9th-2009-im-not-sure-why-alison-was-home
Here we are! This is the most recent article I could find, but the study initially started in 2007. Looks like they added onto it with more information revealed on the aging process affecting our memories too. Really cool stuff! https://www.washingtonpost.com/science/2018/11/01/why-we-often-remember-bad-better-than-good/?
@Jess That's pretty fascinating! Still not sure how much I love the fact that every memory I can come up with from ten years ago has a sort of sad resignation about it, but as the article suggests - it shows what I've learned since, and what I've yet to learn.
A place for your photos and banter. Photog first is our motto
- photog.social doesn't monetize or profit off of your personal information
- Export and leave anytime
- Zero tolerance for harassment or bullying, if you do this your account will be deleted
- All content is ©️ each user and cannot be distributed or used without prior permission by the respective photog.social user
- By using this site you understand that it is not a backup or permanent repository for your information, statuses or media ; additionally, your media was downsized on original upload and is not exportable at this time upon transferring to new instance
- You may support the community by boosting and positively interacting with everyone
- No Loli
- No Bots w/o Approval
- Respect Others
If you're feeling like supporting the photog.social Mastodon instance monetarily, feel free to choose an option below.
We appreciate it and 💘 the support!