I don't get this inclination, when I spot models getting their accounts taken down on instagram, their response, upon reinstatement, is to *escalate* their degree of failure to comply with the TOS (and subsequently get another take-down) instead of finding some viable alternative.
I'm like, "hey, instragram is not at home to mr. nipple. - why not try mastodon or pixelfed?" and their reaction is "my fanbase is on instagram!"
Not if you keep *losing* them, because you can't comply with the TOS...
Not to mention the more important, but less advertised, fact that instagram *also* disallows advertising sexual services, which includes selling nudes, manyvids, onlyfans etc... Which nobody bothers to adhere to either.
On one hand, of course I want them to fight the censorship. On the other hand, breaking the rules *even harder* doesn't seem like a viable method, vs. boycott/activism. Tumblr censored. Tumblr users left. Tumblr is in its death throes.
Is instagram so powerful, so big, such a hydra, that it cannot be killed?
A place for your photos and banter. Photog first is our motto
- photog.social doesn't monetize or profit off of your personal information
- Export and leave anytime
- Zero tolerance for harassment or bullying, if you do this your account will be deleted
- All content is ©️ each user and cannot be distributed or used without prior permission by the respective photog.social user
- By using this site you understand that it is not a backup or permanent repository for your information, statuses or media ; additionally, your media was downsized on original upload and is not exportable at this time upon transferring to new instance
- You may support the community by boosting and positively interacting with everyone
- No Loli
- No Bots w/o Approval
- Respect Others
If you're feeling like supporting the photog.social Mastodon instance monetarily, feel free to choose an option below.
We appreciate it and 💘 the support!