Some of us get dipped in flat, some in satin, some in gloss. But every once in a while, you find someone who's iridescent, and when you do, nothing will ever compare.
Wendelin Van Draanen
The state bird of Uttarakhand, the Himalayan Monal, is a wonderfully coloured bird.
I had written two interesting blogs about this one.
Palmer station via https://www.usap.gov/videoclipsandmaps/palwebcam.cfm?t=0
Everywhere I live, I find spiders now. Is it just me?
It’s been a fairly murky transition from autumn to winter here in the Lake District. Read the rest of this blog post here https://www.iancylkowski.com/blog/2019/12/2/the-clarity-of-winter
Le Machaon, grand et superbe papillon de jour http://neoresistant.fr/nature/arthropodes-2/lepidopteres_2.html
Une belle libellule, l'orthetrum femelle http://neoresistant.fr/nature/arthropodes-2/odonates.html
“In the right light, at the right time, everything is extraordinary.” – Aaron Rose
This is an image of the Southern Coucal shot at Thattekkad in Kerala. When this bird popped into the view-finder I realised that I had too much of a lens to capture the entire bird. The standout feature for me were the eyes - ruby red with a black cornea. It was mesmerising and I knew, instinctively, that the eye needed to grab attention in the image.
“To see in color is a delight for the eye but to see in black and white is a delight for the soul” – Andri Cauldwell
This is a Grey Langur shot a couple of years back at Bandhavgarh. What really caught my attention when I looked through the viewfinder were his eyes. There is something quite arresting about his gaze - seems almost as if he is lost in his thoughts.
I have a bunch of shots from a weeknight shoot at a local guy's track at his house; the reason for the evening was video footage, they had an FPV quad with a gopro chasing the bikes. Looked epic, and I managed to catch it in my shots occasionally 😉
Album at facebook: https://fb.me/swansinflightphoto
I am a working artistic photographer, (specialising in performing arts), musician & writer.
A place for your photos and banter. Photog first is our motto
- photog.social doesn't monetize or profit off of your personal information
- Export and leave anytime
- Zero tolerance for harassment or bullying, if you do this your account will be deleted
- All content is ©️ each user and cannot be distributed or used without prior permission by the respective photog.social user
- By using this site you understand that it is not a backup or permanent repository for your information, statuses or media ; additionally, your media was downsized on original upload and is not exportable at this time upon transferring to new instance
- You may support the community by boosting and positively interacting with everyone
- No Loli
- No Bots w/o Approval
- Respect Others
If you're feeling like supporting the photog.social Mastodon instance monetarily, feel free to choose an option below.
We appreciate it and 💘 the support!