I found this while looking for old pictures to submit to iNaturalist. I don't think there's *quite* enough detail on the seagull here to identify the species!
The ship, incidentally, is the Queen Mary, launched in the 1930s as a transatlantic liner. It's been permanently docked in Long Beach, California for several decades and is now run as a hotel.
@aciccarello Fortunately seagulls also tend to be fearless compared to other birds. Sparrows will fly away before I get close. I've seen a seagull wait until the last minute to move out of the way of an SUV, then fly right back down behind it.
A place for your photos and banter. Photog first is our motto
- photog.social doesn't monetize or profit off of your personal information
- Export and leave anytime
- Zero tolerance for harassment or bullying, if you do this your account will be deleted
- All content is ©️ each user and cannot be distributed or used without prior permission by the respective photog.social user
- By using this site you understand that it is not a backup or permanent repository for your information, statuses or media ; additionally, your media was downsized on original upload and is not exportable at this time upon transferring to new instance
- You may support the community by boosting and positively interacting with everyone
- No Loli
- No Bots w/o Approval
- Respect Others
If you're feeling like supporting the photog.social Mastodon instance monetarily, feel free to choose an option below.
We appreciate it and 💘 the support!