On the way to and from Point Vicente, I stopped at Bluff Cove (also on the Palos Verdes peninsula). I was surprised to find that I could plainly see the skyscrapers of downtown Los Angeles in the distance. I guess I'd never been there on a clear enough day before.
There were more people than I expected, but everyone was maintaining distance and most of them were masked up.
Really wish I'd had a tripod for the evening shot, though
Two more shots from Bluff Cove, this time looking out at the ocean.
Small boat sailing on the bay seems like a good way to get out while staying isolated, and surfboards look like they'd be handy to measure minimum distance.
It's been years since I've been on a boat of any sort. But I do remember enjoying small sailboats. Maybe I'll look for a class when it's safe to interact with people in person again.
Picked out the best shots of the #PointVicente bluffs. I got there mid-afternoon & took some photos of the #cove with the historic #lighthouse (and could actually see Catalina Island in the distance!)
Then I walked along the blufftop path along the nature reserve for a while, before turning back to reach the lighthouse area by sunset.
Sunset over the ocean. In the zoomed shot, just moments after sunset, you can see the silhouette of Santa Barbara Island. There's a park up in the hills that also has a clear view of the ocean, where you can see the more distant San Nicolas Island next to it. But down here near sea level, it's below the horizon.
A place for your photos and banter. Photog first is our motto
- photog.social doesn't monetize or profit off of your personal information
- Export and leave anytime
- Zero tolerance for harassment or bullying, if you do this your account will be deleted
- All content is ©️ each user and cannot be distributed or used without prior permission by the respective photog.social user
- By using this site you understand that it is not a backup or permanent repository for your information, statuses or media ; additionally, your media was downsized on original upload and is not exportable at this time upon transferring to new instance
- You may support the community by boosting and positively interacting with everyone
- No Loli
- No Bots w/o Approval
- Respect Others
If you're feeling like supporting the photog.social Mastodon instance monetarily, feel free to choose an option below.
We appreciate it and 💘 the support!