A Cooper's Hawk I spotted on a walk around the neighborhood.
I heard a *lot* of sparrows chirping in a tree behind a house. Then this hawk flew up and perched on the nearest telephone pole and the sparrows all just dropped silent. It stayed up there for a few minutes, then flew to the next pole, then flew off out of view.
The photos aren't great, but I like that I managed to catch it this clearly. The last one I saw, I only had my phone with me.
@kelsonv Oh, neat! I'm glad you were able to catch the pose and the launch that well, never mind the camera artifacts.
@greyduck Thanks! And yeah, sometimes I have to remind myself that it's not always about the perfect shot, just capturing the moment.
A place for your photos and banter. Photog first is our motto
- photog.social doesn't monetize or profit off of your personal information
- Export and leave anytime
- Zero tolerance for harassment or bullying, if you do this your account will be deleted
- All content is ©️ each user and cannot be distributed or used without prior permission by the respective photog.social user
- By using this site you understand that it is not a backup or permanent repository for your information, statuses or media ; additionally, your media was downsized on original upload and is not exportable at this time upon transferring to new instance
- You may support the community by boosting and positively interacting with everyone
- No Loli
- No Bots w/o Approval
- Respect Others
If you're feeling like supporting the photog.social Mastodon instance monetarily, feel free to choose an option below.
We appreciate it and 💘 the support!