Pixel 2 vs. PowerShot SX710HS.
I'm only a hobbyist photographer. I don't have a really nice camera, just a point & shoot that I picked mainly for its optical zoom. And I'm still astonished that I can often get better pictures out of the tiny lens on my phone.
@kelsonv Have you tried playing with the White Balance settings on the power shot? It looks like it has some additional detection features when in auto mode.
Also : if you're having trouble with sharpness try turning off digital zoom. I've had funky results with digital zoom even being turned on with point and shoots in the past.
A place for your photos and banter. Photog first is our motto
- photog.social doesn't monetize or profit off of your personal information
- Export and leave anytime
- Zero tolerance for harassment or bullying, if you do this your account will be deleted
- All content is ©️ each user and cannot be distributed or used without prior permission by the respective photog.social user
- By using this site you understand that it is not a backup or permanent repository for your information, statuses or media ; additionally, your media was downsized on original upload and is not exportable at this time upon transferring to new instance
- You may support the community by boosting and positively interacting with everyone
- No Loli
- No Bots w/o Approval
- Respect Others
If you're feeling like supporting the photog.social Mastodon instance monetarily, feel free to choose an option below.
We appreciate it and 💘 the support!