social distancing, park, photo
Some cities around here have closed parks outright. Others have closed playgrounds and anything else with shared equipment, but open areas at many parks are still, well, open (for now), as long as you keep your distance.
More in my latest blog post:
This bird's new to me: apparently it's an American pipit, also known as a buff-bellied pipit, a small ground-nesting insectivore. I spotted several of them walking around in the grass next to a bike path that's just been closed down, though I could see them from the sidewalk with a zoom lens.
A dove spotted this morning. I just walked around the neighborhood and most of the birds I spotted were on cables like this.
Finally recovered enough from the flu to get out for a walk in the neighborhood (while that's still an option).
I think this first bird (possibly a goldfinch?) was trying to practice social distancing, though the crow in the third photo seems to be doing a better job. The house finch was such a bright red that I thought it had to be another kind of bird until I looked at the photos.
Another shot of #wildflowers from the same hike, closer to the parts of the marsh with water. The purple/white flowers are wild radish.
This one works better when viewed at a larger size. I think I like the yellow fiddlenecks shot better because it works at a smaller size too.
Repeating curve pattern on a hotel wall. Not the first time I've tried to take a photo of it, but I think I like the soft lighting on this one, taken while this section was in the shade, but still very well lit by indirect sunlight.
On Pokemon Go, it's a gym known as "Recursive Walls."
Hobbyist photographer in the Los Angeles area. Mostly scenic shots, architecture & plants.
A place for your photos and banter. Photog first is our motto
- photog.social doesn't monetize or profit off of your personal information
- Export and leave anytime
- Zero tolerance for harassment or bullying, if you do this your account will be deleted
- All content is ©️ each user and cannot be distributed or used without prior permission by the respective photog.social user
- By using this site you understand that it is not a backup or permanent repository for your information, statuses or media ; additionally, your media was downsized on original upload and is not exportable at this time upon transferring to new instance
- You may support the community by boosting and positively interacting with everyone
- No Loli
- No Bots w/o Approval
- Respect Others
If you're feeling like supporting the photog.social Mastodon instance monetarily, feel free to choose an option below.
We appreciate it and 💘 the support!