This is really cool: capturing images of birds' flight trails.
A fall evening in Monterey between storms. This is near Custom House Plaza, along a section of Alvarado Street that's been closed to cars and made into a pedestrian-only street. Just behind where I was standing, a temporary ice skating rink has opened for the season.
One of the (many) weird things about #LosAngeles is that there are fragments of wilderness scattered throughout the suburbs. (Mostly where it was a pain to build, or someone owned a lot of land & decided to donate it.)
I had two photos of this #trail junction and #fence. I liked the colors in one, the composition in the other, and I just couldn't get the balance right on the second. On a whim I desaturated it. Turns out it looks better in #blackandwhite anyway!
Hi, I'm Kelson (he/him), a hobbyist photographer in the Los Angeles area. I tend to shoot #cityscapes, #landscapes & #nature, and occasionally cosplay. Lately I've been taking a lot of nature photos for #iNaturalist and posting some of the better ones here & on Flickr (https://flickr.com/kelsonv).
Geese at the amphitheatre.
This city park has a pond which attracts ducks, coots, seagulls, and as near as I can tell a permanent flock of Canada Geese that wander around the banks of the pond and the open space at the south end, where these terraces are located.
Let's just say I don't think I'd want to sit on the ground in that part of the park.
Two #squirrels spotted on a hike last weekend: The good photos, and the two-seconds-later photos.
The first one took a while for me to spot inside the bush (though I could hear it), and then it started chowing down on the berries.
The second one looked like it was checking both ways before crossing the street, and then it took off in a blur. So maybe it was.
Hobbyist photographer in the Los Angeles area. Mostly scenic shots, architecture & plants.
A place for your photos and banter. Photog first is our motto
- photog.social doesn't monetize or profit off of your personal information
- Export and leave anytime
- Zero tolerance for harassment or bullying, if you do this your account will be deleted
- All content is ©️ each user and cannot be distributed or used without prior permission by the respective photog.social user
- By using this site you understand that it is not a backup or permanent repository for your information, statuses or media ; additionally, your media was downsized on original upload and is not exportable at this time upon transferring to new instance
- You may support the community by boosting and positively interacting with everyone
- No Loli
- No Bots w/o Approval
- Respect Others
If you're feeling like supporting the photog.social Mastodon instance monetarily, feel free to choose an option below.
We appreciate it and 💘 the support!