An outdoor mall extension completed in 2020. Which wasn't exactly ideal timing.
The courtyard was at least someplace they could set up chairs and signs reminding you to keep your distance. I saw a few people walking through on their way to somewhere else (like I was), and could hear an exercise class running in the parking structure next door.
Who knew a hawk could be a #birb?
Spotted in a park. Probably a Cooper's Hawk.
I heard a lot of chirping from this tree, and saw a cluster that looks like it could be a nest near where this hawk was standing guard. It just kind of looked around the whole time even as I walked past the tree. If it was standing guard, it must have been able to tell I wasn't a threat.
Statue of Ramona Quimby, one of several inspired by Beverly Cleary characters in Grant Park in Portland, Oregon. Photo from a trip in 2013.
TBH, though, Atlas Obscura got better photos than I did:
pleasant spring day🌸
The first photo shows the dam, which is little more than a stone wall. A sluice gate in the centre controls the water level.
The second photo is taken from the dam, and is looking up the lochan, in the opposite direction. A section of the "easy" path is shown in the foreground. I managed to choose a moment without strollers.
The lochan is artificial, it is dammed at one end. It was created in the 1890s by Donald Alexander Smith, for his Canadian wife. She was homesick for the landscape of her home country, so, Donald created this Canadian inspired refuge for her.
To be fair, apart from some unusual conifers the landscape could be anywhere in the Highlands. Still, it was a nice idea.
I heard the squirrel chattering, then turned to look for it and spotted it up in a magnolia tree. Surprisingly, it held still while I walked around the tree to get a better angle. Then after I took a few more pictures, it jumped off the branch onto a nearby house-turned-museum.
One of these days, after it's opened again, I'm going to have to actually visit the museum and not just the park.
A story about a drone flying around an active volcano
Hobbyist photographer in the Los Angeles area. Mostly scenic shots, architecture & plants.
A place for your photos and banter. Photog first is our motto
- photog.social doesn't monetize or profit off of your personal information
- Export and leave anytime
- Zero tolerance for harassment or bullying, if you do this your account will be deleted
- All content is ©️ each user and cannot be distributed or used without prior permission by the respective photog.social user
- By using this site you understand that it is not a backup or permanent repository for your information, statuses or media ; additionally, your media was downsized on original upload and is not exportable at this time upon transferring to new instance
- You may support the community by boosting and positively interacting with everyone
- No Loli
- No Bots w/o Approval
- Respect Others
If you're feeling like supporting the photog.social Mastodon instance monetarily, feel free to choose an option below.
We appreciate it and 💘 the support!