I suggest that a deep orange moon right before Christmas be called a #PumpkinPieMoon.
I was coming home shortly after sunset, got to the top of a hill and saw this deep orange moon, flattened near the horizon. By the time I found a place to stop, it had risen high enough that it was mostly round.
Last weekend I went for a hike at a local marsh. The lower areas are filling with water again now that we've had a few rainstorms.
I made a point of going late in the afternoon to catch some golden hour light, which didn't work out quite as well as I was hoping, but I think this shot came out reasonably interesting.
Not sure, but I think I walked through this pond last time I was here and it was all dry ground.
Ducks feeding in a marsh pond. The last time I was here, the entire marsh had dried out for summer. After a couple of fall rainstorms (which, if they'd come sooner, night have at least cut down on the massive wildfires last month), parts of the marsh have flooded again for winter.
I was halfway there before I realized I hadn't brought the film camera, but I at least had the Canon, which has a more powerful zoom anyway.
Interesting perspective on what software-enhanced phone cameras mean for your pictures. Photography? Digital art? Something in between?
Blog post: The kiddo found my old film camera, the one my grandfather gave me when I was 12. It's a manual SLR that's older than I am* and probably still works. I've ordered film & a battery** to find out for sure!
*It appears to be a 1967 model.
**The light meter is the only powered part of the camera. Everything else is automatic. And it used a mercury battery, which hasn't been made in 22 years. Fortunately there are zinc-based replacements!
Flickr has a blog post on how they plan to keep the commons with their new limits on free accounts.
1. Flickr Commons partnership with NASA, Smithsonian, etc are staying.
2. All Creative Commons licensed photos uploaded & licensed before Nov. 1 are staying, even on free accounts with more than 1000 photos. (Further uploads will be limited until they either buy a Pro account or drop below 1000)
3. Non-profits can apply for free, unlimited accounts.
I saw photos of this same sunset from at least 3 other people in the LA/OC area that I know or follow - but because we were all in different places relative to the landscape and clouds, and took the photos at different times, they all ended up looking different.
Pink clouds and blue sky, coastal cliffs, trees, buildings, orange clouds...a real mix.
Start de dag goed en maak een foto.
Dit najaar start ik weer een cursus fotografie.
Deze cursus start op dinsdagavond 23 oktober.
In 8 lessen van 2 uur leer je alles over je camera en krijg je tips om je foto’s mooier en spannender te maken.
Informatie vind je op mijn website: http://diondebakker.nl/cursus-fotografie/
#startthedayokbymakingabeautifulphoto #Goedemorgen #Goodmorning #100mm #2p8 #openlensphotography #bokeh #nofilter #Canon #canonglobal Website link in mijn bio.
Found them! Five photos, taken in fading dusk light after panickingly searching for my camera during what I sincerely hoped was a _test_ missile. ;)
This was the October 3, 1999 antiballistic missile system test described here http://articles.latimes.com/1999/oct/03/news/mn-18259
Files scanned October 14, 1999, and sat around for aaaaages. :)
@kelsonv December 2017. I added a few more photos & comments on my blog: https://www.hyperborea.org/journal/2017/12/spacex-rocket-launch-la/
SpaceX Falcon 9 rocket launch from Vandenberg, seen above the Los Angeles area early this evening. The bright spot at the left moved across the sky, trailing a shell of vapor that continued to catch the sunlight for at least 10 minutes after the rocket and booster stage were no longer visible.
Hobbyist photographer in the Los Angeles area. Mostly scenic shots, architecture & plants.
A place for your photos and banter. Photog first is our motto
- photog.social doesn't monetize or profit off of your personal information
- Export and leave anytime
- Zero tolerance for harassment or bullying, if you do this your account will be deleted
- All content is ©️ each user and cannot be distributed or used without prior permission by the respective photog.social user
- By using this site you understand that it is not a backup or permanent repository for your information, statuses or media ; additionally, your media was downsized on original upload and is not exportable at this time upon transferring to new instance
- You may support the community by boosting and positively interacting with everyone
- No Loli
- No Bots w/o Approval
- Respect Others
If you're feeling like supporting the photog.social Mastodon instance monetarily, feel free to choose an option below.
We appreciate it and 💘 the support!