Two #squirrels spotted on a hike last weekend: The good photos, and the two-seconds-later photos.
The first one took a while for me to spot inside the bush (though I could hear it), and then it started chowing down on the berries.
The second one looked like it was checking both ways before crossing the street, and then it took off in a blur. So maybe it was.
iNat has suggested the bird is a rock wren.
The #Pixel4 phone's camera looks amazing, but I can't get past losing the fingerprint sensor. I could go back to passwords/patterns, but I really appreciate having a fast unlock option - and I just don't trust face unlock.
The Morrell House, originally built around 1906, now restored in association with the Redondo Beach Historical Museum.
One of these days I'm actually going to go there when it's open, instead of stopping on the way somewhere else.
I did decide that the hidden light and the old house might have some #spooky potential, and ran it through some effects filters. Not sure if I succeeded.
Some #birds I saw on a hike today:
1. One of several Black Phoebes I saw around the grounds of the park
2. A California Towhee that had just chased another bird away from this puddle.
3. One of the clearest views I've had of a hummingbird away from a feeder.
4. Possibly a goldfinch? There were a bunch of them in the same bush.
When auto-focus goes bad...
Hobbyist photographer in the Los Angeles area. Mostly scenic shots, architecture & plants.
A place for your photos and banter. Photog first is our motto
- photog.social doesn't monetize or profit off of your personal information
- Export and leave anytime
- Zero tolerance for harassment or bullying, if you do this your account will be deleted
- All content is ©️ each user and cannot be distributed or used without prior permission by the respective photog.social user
- By using this site you understand that it is not a backup or permanent repository for your information, statuses or media ; additionally, your media was downsized on original upload and is not exportable at this time upon transferring to new instance
- You may support the community by boosting and positively interacting with everyone
- No Loli
- No Bots w/o Approval
- Respect Others
If you're feeling like supporting the photog.social Mastodon instance monetarily, feel free to choose an option below.
We appreciate it and 💘 the support!