Lime Butterflies (Papilio demoleus) have been visiting the garden, but they didn't stay still long enough to get proper shots. Today, this one decided to be 'kind' and stayed still while the sun was being blocked by some clouds.
On iNaturalist [ https://www.inaturalist.org/observations/45340570 ]
A Lime Butterfly (Papilio demoleus) visited the garden today. One of a number of fun observations for both the NSS (Nature Society Singapore) Circuit Breaker Nature Sightings and Socially Distant Bioblitz (5/3/2020) projects.
On iNaturalist [ https://www.inaturalist.org/observations/44696095 ]
Ducks at a city park that's recently re-opened the walkways and open space, though facilities and playgrounds remain closed.
1. Join me for a drink?
2. OK, ducks can't read.
3. Three ducks ignoring a pigeon.
Some photos of the park facilities and warning signs: https://www.hyperborea.org/journal/2020/04/sorta-open/
I mentioned last week that Manhattan Beach had closed all their parks outright, rather than just closing equipment and facilities. Over the weekend heat wave, they reopened at least Polliwog Park, taking down the caution tape from the perimeter and instead wrapping individual playgrounds, gazebos, sculptures and even picnic tables with metal fencing.
And signs. Signs and fences everywhere.
I’d been able to see at least some of the signs from the side of the road last week, reminding you of the Covid-19 mantras: Cover your face. Keep six feet apart. Stay home if you’re sick.
And then there were signs like the one above explaining that yes, the park open again — but only on a trial basis, and you have to follow the rules! There was even a police car parked on the lawn to show they meant business, though I’m not sure where the officer was. It’s a big park.
And then there were these, posted on all those portable fences.
Some cities around here have just wrapped their playgrounds in caution tape. Manhattan Beach wants to make sure you know why it’s closed.
Even the interactive art installations.
Hobbyist photographer in the Los Angeles area. Mostly scenic shots, architecture & plants.
A place for your photos and banter. Photog first is our motto
- photog.social doesn't monetize or profit off of your personal information
- Export and leave anytime
- Zero tolerance for harassment or bullying, if you do this your account will be deleted
- All content is ©️ each user and cannot be distributed or used without prior permission by the respective photog.social user
- By using this site you understand that it is not a backup or permanent repository for your information, statuses or media ; additionally, your media was downsized on original upload and is not exportable at this time upon transferring to new instance
- You may support the community by boosting and positively interacting with everyone
- No Loli
- No Bots w/o Approval
- Respect Others
If you're feeling like supporting the photog.social Mastodon instance monetarily, feel free to choose an option below.
We appreciate it and 💘 the support!