This northern mockingbird flew across the street and landed on a lawn. While I got the camera out, it flew up to a rooftop, then flew across the street again to land on a signpost, where it stretched its wings briefly (as seen here).
Fun fact: mockingbirds are able to recognize individual humans, and their ability to mimic sounds extends beyond birds to cats, dogs, and even car alarms. https://www.inaturalist.org/taxa/14886-Mimus-polyglottos
Today's bird is the Bell Miner (colloq. Bellbird), Manorina melanophrys.
These fairly well camouflaged birds tend to live in colonies of up to a couple of hundred birds and lend the forests of the Mid to Southern Eastern forests their distinctive sound.
An Asian Koel (Eudynamys scolopaceus) spotted from the balcony on the last day of the COVID-19 Circuit Breaker (stay-at-home) in Singapore.
Hey, not my fault if noisy wildlife decides to pop up near to me. 🙂
Asian Koels are brood parasites of local Crows and are locally 'notorious' for making loud calls (sometimes early in the morning) that can be heard over traffic noise.
On iNaturalist [ https://www.inaturalist.org/observations/48105432 ]
Community member Kane Davis shares a ridiculously warm and beautiful barn scene near Lincoln, CA for everyone to practice processing with! Come grab the raw file and share how you'd process this gorgeous scene!
We explored the abandoned section of Lancaster Canal, known as the "Northern Reaches". Starting to be reclaimed by nature.
There's more photos here (and a bit of history, if you're interested) https://www.iancylkowski.com/blog/2020/5/30/lancaster-canals-northern-reaches-cumbria-spring 👍
Hobbyist photographer in the Los Angeles area. Mostly scenic shots, architecture & plants.
A place for your photos and banter. Photog first is our motto
- photog.social doesn't monetize or profit off of your personal information
- Export and leave anytime
- Zero tolerance for harassment or bullying, if you do this your account will be deleted
- All content is ©️ each user and cannot be distributed or used without prior permission by the respective photog.social user
- By using this site you understand that it is not a backup or permanent repository for your information, statuses or media ; additionally, your media was downsized on original upload and is not exportable at this time upon transferring to new instance
- You may support the community by boosting and positively interacting with everyone
- No Loli
- No Bots w/o Approval
- Respect Others
If you're feeling like supporting the photog.social Mastodon instance monetarily, feel free to choose an option below.
We appreciate it and 💘 the support!