This afternoon's King Parrot visit.
I've tried to cut down the amount of seed I'm giving them, as next week we're away on a big Outback Adventure and I don't want them to think there's more food around than there will be (and thus potentially influence breeding/egg laying, since it's coming in to spring).
Also, have you ever seen a parrot yawn? Well you have now!
Gee. Thanks @Adobe@twitter.com https://www.theverge.com/2020/8/20/21377411/adobe-lightroom-ios-ipados-app-update-pictures-photos-presets-deleted
The results of the astrophotography/startrails session with Dad last night. These are shot from Burton's Well, Bunya Mountains.
The startrail was 170 10 sec exposures at 35mm f/1.4 ISO3200. The red tree and the milky way over the lights of Toowoomba were with a 15mm f/2.8 fisheye.
The city has been working on improving the sections of a bike path closest to a major street. The rest of it is just a concrete path in the middle of an unmaintained greenbelt under power transmission wires.
They've put in drought-tolerant landscaping, some dirt/clay paths, bike racks, benches, and a small public parking lot over the past year or so. I'm not sure how much they slowed down during the shutdowns earlier this year, but it's finally open.
5 Photography Composition Tips to Use with Any Camera
Some wildlife I spotted on a hike today. It was really nice in the shade, but it was also very hilly, and uncomfortably warm in the sun. I ended up staggering back to the car at the end.
The yellow and black bird is some sort of oriole. The black and white one is a black phoebe. I think the rabbit is a desert cottontail.
After the Celebration (alc)
Hobbyist photographer in the Los Angeles area. Mostly scenic shots, architecture & plants.
A place for your photos and banter. Photog first is our motto
- photog.social doesn't monetize or profit off of your personal information
- Export and leave anytime
- Zero tolerance for harassment or bullying, if you do this your account will be deleted
- All content is ©️ each user and cannot be distributed or used without prior permission by the respective photog.social user
- By using this site you understand that it is not a backup or permanent repository for your information, statuses or media ; additionally, your media was downsized on original upload and is not exportable at this time upon transferring to new instance
- You may support the community by boosting and positively interacting with everyone
- No Loli
- No Bots w/o Approval
- Respect Others
If you're feeling like supporting the photog.social Mastodon instance monetarily, feel free to choose an option below.
We appreciate it and 💘 the support!