Hudson Yards and Thin Crescent Moon
Midtown Manhattan, NYC
I glanced out the window to see the thin crescent moon setting alongside 30 Hudson Yards so I grabbed the camera. Without a handy tripod I had to go handheld and let the camera pick a high ISO for this evening shot.
#photo #photography #moon #nyc #newyorkcity #hudsonyardsnyc
The Empire State Building in a photo I took on a November evening a few years ago with similar weather to what we’re having now…. Aiming upwards, my zoom lens was too heavy to stay in place, so it zoomed outward while the shutter was open.
Midtown Manhattan, NY
Cranes In the Mist
These cranes keep getting higher and higher…. The first time I saw them a few weeks ago it was just the flashing red light on top of one that I mistook for a burglar alarm inside one of the offices in the skyscraper.
The vague black shapes on the left side of the skyscraper are people up on The Edge, the highest outdoor observation de ck in the western hemisphere.
Saturday, October 17, 2020
Upper West Side, Manhattan, NY
A group of skateboarders passing by 61st Street, racing down Broadway from 116th Street to the Charging Bull sculpture in the annual Broadway Bomb. The guy in the red shirt won the race for the ninth or tenth year in a row.
With so much less traffic in New York City than usual for this time of the year, many of the skaters went flying by a lot faster, especially the motorized boards and uniwheels.
Moon Landing at Hudson Yards
One morning last month, while eating breakfast and beginning my workday I looked out and saw the moon slowly setting. I wasn’t sure if its angle would take it here or not, but fortunately it did.
I used my 100-300mm zoom lens with the camera on full auto for this.
A place for your photos and banter. Photog first is our motto
- photog.social doesn't monetize or profit off of your personal information
- Export and leave anytime
- Zero tolerance for harassment or bullying, if you do this your account will be deleted
- All content is ©️ each user and cannot be distributed or used without prior permission by the respective photog.social user
- By using this site you understand that it is not a backup or permanent repository for your information, statuses or media ; additionally, your media was downsized on original upload and is not exportable at this time upon transferring to new instance
- You may support the community by boosting and positively interacting with everyone
- No Loli
- No Bots w/o Approval
- Respect Others
If you're feeling like supporting the photog.social Mastodon instance monetarily, feel free to choose an option below.
We appreciate it and 💘 the support!