@laraby beautiful soft light but also no highlights so it depends on the kind of images you want to make..
@Jondor Not sure how much I'll use it, but it's got 3 other color backdrops too to play with.
More like a product ad type photo I think, but something for fun and to practice with when it's too cold to get my butt outside!
@laraby absolutely! It's always fun to have a new toy to play with..
So what are your first thoughts about using it?
@youcantoo My first thought was that the front aperture should be level with the "floor" have to put the camera inside to actually get a level shot. (mines a 24x24 tho, yours may be different)
But its pretty neat, the velcro holds really well, and it's easy to fold out of sight.
but I think it'll be fun to play with some, and perhaps some sort of pedestal for some shots might be an addition I'll consider.
I agree with you about the front. ON mine though I can unzip the front and lift the whole thing out of the way,as can be seen in the photos. I also agree with you about having a pedestal or something you can use to light your objects from below.
@youcantoo I feel dumb now, I could have taken the front flap down as well, just never occurred to me! I think I'm going to a bottle of scotch in there, think the amber color may look nice, but not tonight, want to get a nice glass as well first.
I think it would look really nice indeed - can understand wanting a nice glass for the shot. I have also ordered some Acrylic ice cubes for taking some shots with. No worrying about them melting and making a mess when you are tying to shoot something like this. They cost about a buck each and can be found on ebay using a search for "acrylic ice cubes" We all need more props for our photos 😎
A place for your photos and banter. Photog first is our motto
- photog.social doesn't monetize or profit off of your personal information
- Export and leave anytime
- Zero tolerance for harassment or bullying, if you do this your account will be deleted
- All content is ©️ each user and cannot be distributed or used without prior permission by the respective photog.social user
- By using this site you understand that it is not a backup or permanent repository for your information, statuses or media ; additionally, your media was downsized on original upload and is not exportable at this time upon transferring to new instance
- You may support the community by boosting and positively interacting with everyone
- No Loli
- No Bots w/o Approval
- Respect Others
If you're feeling like supporting the photog.social Mastodon instance monetarily, feel free to choose an option below.
We appreciate it and 💘 the support!