Glorious. Glorious. Glorious.
Came across an old abandoned house, which the forest had grown around. Lovely stonework. Felt rather poignant.
Lots of wood anomones in blossom everywhere: Lus na gaoithe - Anemone nemorosa
This time of year everything has a fresh feel. New leaves on the trees, new shoots on the grasses, and plants making an appearance from below ground.
We skirted the edge of a forest which was mostly larch. When the new needles appear they are bright green. The needles are also really soft to the touch.
You can see a larch growing inside the ruined house, next to the chimney.
The larch we have is:
learag-Eòrpach - larix decidua
In the autumn the needles turn yellow, then red, and finally fall off. Larch is often planted at the edges of plantations to break-up the regimented look of dark green rectangles of sitka spruce.
Your image is probably one of the North American species.
@fitheach Damn it! Tho doesn't look recognizable to me as much of anything lol.
Colloquially, growing up, we called larch a juniper tree.
Though now I think about it more, I think they were actually tamarak.
I'll shut up now.
@fitheach never saw one like that! Interesting. I wonder how the gin would taste from each!
As long as you have decent tonic, either will do. 😃
A place for your photos and banter. Photog first is our motto
- photog.social doesn't monetize or profit off of your personal information
- Export and leave anytime
- Zero tolerance for harassment or bullying, if you do this your account will be deleted
- All content is ©️ each user and cannot be distributed or used without prior permission by the respective photog.social user
- By using this site you understand that it is not a backup or permanent repository for your information, statuses or media ; additionally, your media was downsized on original upload and is not exportable at this time upon transferring to new instance
- You may support the community by boosting and positively interacting with everyone
- No Loli
- No Bots w/o Approval
- Respect Others
If you're feeling like supporting the photog.social Mastodon instance monetarily, feel free to choose an option below.
We appreciate it and 💘 the support!