@cuniculus We‘re preparing to move the service, for better availability and performance, to/on Red Hat OpenShift - at least that‘s the current plan. If we have IPv6 there, I‘ll be more than happy to enable IPv6 as well!
@tcit While it was planned to close the doors back in 2018, a new team of volunteers assembled, refurbished everything and took over the responsibility to keep it alive.
Libravatar is here to stay for longer!
@VictorVenema Agree, I should really find a better wording. ;-)
So, maybe the better wording is: We promise to stay non-commercial!
@VictorVenema If you need it only for your site, yes you could run an instance, but you can also use the main instance, since, yes, we take privacy very serious! Esp. If your users do have external mail addresses, they would benefit from the main instance, since their Avatar would start to pop up in other places as well.
@sandfox No problem. It‘s anyway holiday season now. ;-)
Thanks for reporting!
@sandfox Agree, that‘s a missing feature. Can you open an issue on our GitLab installation?
@wiktor Awesome! Thanks for the confirmation. I’ll close the GitHub issue then!
@wiktor Added CORS now. Let me know if this is what you expected!
@wiktor Awesome! Thanks a lot!
@yojimbo @DashEquals@linuxrocks.online Exactly, SSL certificates would be an issue. Apart from that, in theory, it would work.
Your man in the middle “attack” destroyed ;-)
@yojimbo Awesome! Thanks a lot! Watching the request now ;-)
@yojimbo oh well. I should have done that sneakier ;-)
Libravatar is a service which delivers your avatar (profile picture) to other websites. If you sign up there, your photos can appear in forums and blogs.
A place for your photos and banter. Photog first is our motto
- photog.social doesn't monetize or profit off of your personal information
- Export and leave anytime
- Zero tolerance for harassment or bullying, if you do this your account will be deleted
- All content is ©️ each user and cannot be distributed or used without prior permission by the respective photog.social user
- By using this site you understand that it is not a backup or permanent repository for your information, statuses or media ; additionally, your media was downsized on original upload and is not exportable at this time upon transferring to new instance
- You may support the community by boosting and positively interacting with everyone
- No Loli
- No Bots w/o Approval
- Respect Others
If you're feeling like supporting the photog.social Mastodon instance monetarily, feel free to choose an option below.
We appreciate it and 💘 the support!