Purple sandpipers! https://www.allaboutbirds.org/guide/Purple_Sandpiper
They were only out on these very low rocks in the ocean, and they blend in really well. I wouldn't have even seen them.
It's amazing how much they don't mind the huge waves crashing all around them, and just kind of were there, pecking for food, and only just barely lifting off the rocks when they absolutely had to.
I took almost all of these on the coolpix a1000!
It makes a lot of compromises, but like the a900, having the 24-840mm equivalent zoom range in a coat pocket sized object is still excellent for birds+wildlife+landscape, and now that it has a pretty good evf and can shoot raw and manual focus it's a lot more usable in more situations.
re: about camera
Autofocus still has trouble on low contrast objects, and the lens still isn't very sharp at full zoom simply because of physics (diffraction from tiny aperture = soft) which lead to a lot of my pictures being out of focus. The ae+af lock button they added on the a1000 helped a bit though, because I could tell the camera to not refocus once it got it more or less right. It can manual focus also, but can't quick adjust manually while in auto unfortunately.
A place for your photos and banter. Photog first is our motto
- photog.social doesn't monetize or profit off of your personal information
- Export and leave anytime
- Zero tolerance for harassment or bullying, if you do this your account will be deleted
- All content is ©️ each user and cannot be distributed or used without prior permission by the respective photog.social user
- By using this site you understand that it is not a backup or permanent repository for your information, statuses or media ; additionally, your media was downsized on original upload and is not exportable at this time upon transferring to new instance
- You may support the community by boosting and positively interacting with everyone
- No Loli
- No Bots w/o Approval
- Respect Others
If you're feeling like supporting the photog.social Mastodon instance monetarily, feel free to choose an option below.
We appreciate it and 💘 the support!