Woodhouse's Scrub Jay? I think? https://www.allaboutbirds.org/guide/Woodhouses_Scrub-Jay/overview
I didn't get a great picture of these either, but I'm glad I saw them: QUAILS
I think Gambel's Quail? https://www.allaboutbirds.org/guide/Gambels_Quail/overview
the first time I saw these, I wasn't sure what it was, and was trying to decide if it was a woodchuck or a huge squirrel - but on the way back there was a squirrel there too, and later someone told me what it was.
Oh, one more bird... I'm really not sure who this was, I think maybe spotted sandpiper https://www.allaboutbirds.org/guide/Spotted_Sandpiper/overview
The one big problem with the coolpix a900/a1000 as a camera for unexpected birds/wildlife is that it has contrast detect autofocus only, so when things blend in... it doesn't focus very well.
that took several tries and did not work as well as I'd hoped............
@masklayer - NIce pictures of the Truckee River
@masklayer That yellow-bellied marmot! ... Sounds like a wild west cuss. =D
@pla HMM... I don't think so, haha
@masklayer - Not many realize Reno is only less then 24 miles from the Calif border either. Reno is just over a hour drive to Lake Tahoe (West) To Pyramid Lake in the North, Carson City to the South and Virginia City in the SE and Fallon in The East. I was born and raise in Reno and there is a lot to do beside just gaming
@masklayer - Reno sits in the Washoe Valley in the Sierra Nevadas The Highest Mount Peak is Mt Rose in the West at 10,778 feet. Mt Rose is located in the Toiyabe National Forest between Reno and Lake Tahoe.
A place for your photos and banter. Photog first is our motto
- photog.social doesn't monetize or profit off of your personal information
- Export and leave anytime
- Zero tolerance for harassment or bullying, if you do this your account will be deleted
- All content is ©️ each user and cannot be distributed or used without prior permission by the respective photog.social user
- By using this site you understand that it is not a backup or permanent repository for your information, statuses or media ; additionally, your media was downsized on original upload and is not exportable at this time upon transferring to new instance
- You may support the community by boosting and positively interacting with everyone
- No Loli
- No Bots w/o Approval
- Respect Others
If you're feeling like supporting the photog.social Mastodon instance monetarily, feel free to choose an option below.
We appreciate it and 💘 the support!