My best closeup of the comet.
This was 12 3-second exposures taken with the pentax-A 135mm f/2.8 at f/4 and iso 3200, stacked in Sequator. In hindsight, I should have done more exposures for this one, but I didn't think it was coming out at all based on the on camera previews, so I focused on the wide angle shots.
To try to get away from light pollution and to get a more interesting shot, I went out again around 2am and hiked a small local mountain.
There was a thick fog that made it very hard to drive on the way there, and made the hike very spooky, but the way it looked once I got above it made it worth the effort.
The comet wasn't visible yet when I got to the top, so I got some other pictures. I love how the fog made the other mountains look like islands.
(This closeup was a similar technique to the previous one, but with a rokinon 85mm f/1.4 wide open, 3 second exposures, iso 1600 and 12 exposures stacked in sequator. Then exposure/color curves in photoshop)
Before I left I took this huge panorama (not sure what the best way to post something like this is)
@masklayer this makes me feel like you're sailing a stellar sea!
@pla Thank you!
@masklayer thank you for sharing these!
I love it. I couldn't see it, or rather I didn't even fucking know it was happening. 😅
@masklayer the comet is stunning but the crescent moon pic is perfect in every sense ✨
@syncopams omg thank you
I'm glad the moon ones came out this well! I thought I wouldn't be able to get detail in the moon, but it worked out. Of course, in real life, it looked stunning in a different way, because when it first rose, all you could see was the bright crescent in the dark sky, and it was red from the sunrise.
@masklayer Your pics are so beautiful. Thank you for sharing - and captioning!
@masklayer these pictures are all unbearably dope as fuck but the second one here and the second one with the moon EXTREMELY kill it holy shit. every time I see stuff like this I wanna get into astrophotog so bad but diverting money to better camera gear and telescope stuff away from music is so hard for me lmao
@masklayer a very nice picture. Wow!
A place for your photos and banter. Photog first is our motto
- photog.social doesn't monetize or profit off of your personal information
- Export and leave anytime
- Zero tolerance for harassment or bullying, if you do this your account will be deleted
- All content is ©️ each user and cannot be distributed or used without prior permission by the respective photog.social user
- By using this site you understand that it is not a backup or permanent repository for your information, statuses or media ; additionally, your media was downsized on original upload and is not exportable at this time upon transferring to new instance
- You may support the community by boosting and positively interacting with everyone
- No Loli
- No Bots w/o Approval
- Respect Others
If you're feeling like supporting the photog.social Mastodon instance monetarily, feel free to choose an option below.
We appreciate it and 💘 the support!