The first place I went was this dark field.
A big disclaimer for all of these is that the comet in my area at this time appears VERY faint.
Due to it being low on the horizon for sunrise and sunset, and the amount of light pollution here, it was BARELY visible to my eye - and this was in the darkest area I know of near me.
My best closeup of the comet.
This was 12 3-second exposures taken with the pentax-A 135mm f/2.8 at f/4 and iso 3200, stacked in Sequator. In hindsight, I should have done more exposures for this one, but I didn't think it was coming out at all based on the on camera previews, so I focused on the wide angle shots.
(This closeup was a similar technique to the previous one, but with a rokinon 85mm f/1.4 wide open, 3 second exposures, iso 1600 and 12 exposures stacked in sequator. Then exposure/color curves in photoshop)
Before I left I took this huge panorama (not sure what the best way to post something like this is)
@pla Thank you!
@masklayer thank you for sharing these!
I love it. I couldn't see it, or rather I didn't even fucking know it was happening. 😅
@masklayer the comet is stunning but the crescent moon pic is perfect in every sense ✨
@syncopams omg thank you
I'm glad the moon ones came out this well! I thought I wouldn't be able to get detail in the moon, but it worked out. Of course, in real life, it looked stunning in a different way, because when it first rose, all you could see was the bright crescent in the dark sky, and it was red from the sunrise.
@masklayer Your pics are so beautiful. Thank you for sharing - and captioning!
@masklayer these pictures are all unbearably dope as fuck but the second one here and the second one with the moon EXTREMELY kill it holy shit. every time I see stuff like this I wanna get into astrophotog so bad but diverting money to better camera gear and telescope stuff away from music is so hard for me lmao
A place for your photos and banter. Photog first is our motto
- photog.social doesn't monetize or profit off of your personal information
- Export and leave anytime
- Zero tolerance for harassment or bullying, if you do this your account will be deleted
- All content is ©️ each user and cannot be distributed or used without prior permission by the respective photog.social user
- By using this site you understand that it is not a backup or permanent repository for your information, statuses or media ; additionally, your media was downsized on original upload and is not exportable at this time upon transferring to new instance
- You may support the community by boosting and positively interacting with everyone
- No Loli
- No Bots w/o Approval
- Respect Others
If you're feeling like supporting the photog.social Mastodon instance monetarily, feel free to choose an option below.
We appreciate it and 💘 the support!