Over all, its ability to create interesting images that capture an experience (e.g. with a lot of motion AND a good amount of detail) while also being absolutely tiny and quick to use - not to mention silly and fun is what makes me really like this stupid little camera. And now it has... a bigger battery?
Finally, here's a couple quick sample images. I think the best aesthetic you can get out of this thing is the high contrast monochrome mode, with the flash on, shooting subjects with a little motion - because the flash freezes the frame, but then the tiny sensor + tight lens + auto-only operation means there's always a slow shutter speed, so you still get motion.
These aren't the greatest example of that look, but they do show that high contrast mono mode.
Anyway... I didn't actually go any further because I didn't feel up to dealing with tiny + probably spring-loaded lens parts... and tiny tiny aperture blades - but here's a look at the back of the lens. The motor at the bottom is (probably) for the zoom.
I'm actually kind of curious how many aperture blades it has and how that's controlled... maybe for another time.
And now that the frame is off, we can get to something interesting... That tiny 1/3" 10 megapixel ccd image sensor.
To remove the sensor, peel back the shielding over it (be careful not to lose the little bit of adhesive metallic foam on the left- not sure how important that is), and then undo the three screws. Disconnect the ribbon cable and pull the sensor assembly up. It's also held on by a tiny bit of gummy adhesive, so it may require a little pulling.
I like to make pictures that show little details in the world or things people wouldn't have seen.
Pentax K-3, Ricoh GR, Coolpix A1000
A place for your photos and banter. Photog first is our motto
- photog.social doesn't monetize or profit off of your personal information
- Export and leave anytime
- Zero tolerance for harassment or bullying, if you do this your account will be deleted
- All content is ©️ each user and cannot be distributed or used without prior permission by the respective photog.social user
- By using this site you understand that it is not a backup or permanent repository for your information, statuses or media ; additionally, your media was downsized on original upload and is not exportable at this time upon transferring to new instance
- You may support the community by boosting and positively interacting with everyone
- No Loli
- No Bots w/o Approval
- Respect Others
If you're feeling like supporting the photog.social Mastodon instance monetarily, feel free to choose an option below.
We appreciate it and 💘 the support!