Rokinon 21mm f/1.4 is an astonishingly good lens... I want to do a detailed comparison between it and the sigma 18-35 f/1.8 but:
- It's relatively small and very light
- It's VERY sharp wide open
- The out of focus areas are very smooth and non-distracting
Detail crop of that bike pic and the payphone one as a wide-open sharpness example... keep in mind those were straight out of camera jpegs taken at ISO 3200, handheld at night
fuji x-e2 + rokinon 21mm f/1.4
I ran a quick errand at night... #photo
Remains of a sign on an abandoned military facility.
(photo: @kernpanik | license: CC BY-NC-SA 4.0)
I need to bring a longer lens when I go out with this thing if I'm going anywhere that there might be birds/wildlife I guess
OR - bring my dslr (more pixels, stabilization) or something with more reach (put a1000 in pocket) for that and use this for other stuff
I like to make images that encourage people to explore the world around them.
Pentax K-3, Ricoh GR, Coolpix A1000
A place for your photos and banter. Photog first is our motto
- photog.social doesn't monetize or profit off of your personal information
- Export and leave anytime
- Zero tolerance for harassment or bullying, if you do this your account will be deleted
- All content is ©️ each user and cannot be distributed or used without prior permission by the respective photog.social user
- By using this site you understand that it is not a backup or permanent repository for your information, statuses or media ; additionally, your media was downsized on original upload and is not exportable at this time upon transferring to new instance
- You may support the community by boosting and positively interacting with everyone
- No Loli
- No Bots w/o Approval
- Respect Others
If you're feeling like supporting the photog.social Mastodon instance monetarily, feel free to choose an option below.
We appreciate it and 💘 the support!