Also, separate subject - given today’s announcements, may I gently remind us all that the camera(s) we have are almost certainly capable of doing everything (and more) than we need of them.
We, the photographer, are the bottleneck. We may all need to remind ourselves of that.
@pjonori I disagree with that. "A craftsman is only as good as his tools" - perfectly fits photography medium. Digital cameras are amazing tools but it's unfair to say that their perfect.
I'd love 500mm with perfect vr yet I only have 300 and I need a tripod for it.
You can definitely take great photos with and old potato but you will be limited in your options.
@Wraptile In theory, I agree. In reality, I have observed the utmost majority that it has become a crutch.
@Wraptile Example: I’ve listened to conversations where people wax about high ISO performance... When they shoot almost exclusively at 100 ISO.
A place for your photos and banter. Photog first is our motto
- photog.social doesn't monetize or profit off of your personal information
- Export and leave anytime
- Zero tolerance for harassment or bullying, if you do this your account will be deleted
- All content is ©️ each user and cannot be distributed or used without prior permission by the respective photog.social user
- By using this site you understand that it is not a backup or permanent repository for your information, statuses or media ; additionally, your media was downsized on original upload and is not exportable at this time upon transferring to new instance
- You may support the community by boosting and positively interacting with everyone
- No Loli
- No Bots w/o Approval
- Respect Others
If you're feeling like supporting the photog.social Mastodon instance monetarily, feel free to choose an option below.
We appreciate it and 💘 the support!