Man, evaluating your own work - especially within the context of a a project - is so tremendously difficult. I look at the same photos and come to different conclusions based on the day, the mood, etc.
The challenge never ceases to amaze/overwhelm me.
@pjonori Yes, it's really difficult. It's easier a few months later they were taken. Or maybe you could use some help from someone around you who knows your work ?
@entuall Yeah, time helps, but I still vacillate on older photos. I definitely think it’s time for an outside point of view. Finding that person is so difficult though. I don’t run in photography circles, so I can’t do peer review. I may reach out to some folks I respect and see if anyone is willing to work with me.
@entuall I’m just really hesitant to go through a review process with someone who is a bad fit for whatever reason. The only thing worse than no advice is bad advice.
A place for your photos and banter. Photog first is our motto
- photog.social doesn't monetize or profit off of your personal information
- Export and leave anytime
- Zero tolerance for harassment or bullying, if you do this your account will be deleted
- All content is ©️ each user and cannot be distributed or used without prior permission by the respective photog.social user
- By using this site you understand that it is not a backup or permanent repository for your information, statuses or media ; additionally, your media was downsized on original upload and is not exportable at this time upon transferring to new instance
- You may support the community by boosting and positively interacting with everyone
- No Loli
- No Bots w/o Approval
- Respect Others
If you're feeling like supporting the photog.social Mastodon instance monetarily, feel free to choose an option below.
We appreciate it and 💘 the support!