Just a heads up for you #photography peeps running #Linux; I've found Rapid Photo Downloader to be an awesome program to get photos off an SD card and into organised folders.
I'm on Manjaro and it's in the repo, unsure about other distro.
I think I should flick the dev a coffee or 2, it's at least that helpful to simplify my workflow.
@rtwx I'll check it out, thank you. I mainly just use the file manager and copy my files over. My biggest annoyance is finding a program that will batch edit file names according to the time they were taken. I used to use phatch but it no longer works on Mint 19 anymore.
@rtwx the developer of RPD is currently finishing his PhD, so I'm sure he'd appreciate a cup of coffee or two!
@rtwx - it is a good program and is also available in the repo in PCLinuxOS
@rtwx - Does the app, perchance, allow thumbnail views of RAW files of various formats?
@ChristopherMarkPerez yes, very small but enough to select the ones you want to import. I'm doing RW2 from a Panasonic and it shows them.
@rtwx - OK. Great. I'll check it out to see if it supports Sony's AWR, too.
A place for your photos and banter. Photog first is our motto
- photog.social doesn't monetize or profit off of your personal information
- Export and leave anytime
- Zero tolerance for harassment or bullying, if you do this your account will be deleted
- All content is ©️ each user and cannot be distributed or used without prior permission by the respective photog.social user
- By using this site you understand that it is not a backup or permanent repository for your information, statuses or media ; additionally, your media was downsized on original upload and is not exportable at this time upon transferring to new instance
- You may support the community by boosting and positively interacting with everyone
- No Loli
- No Bots w/o Approval
- Respect Others
If you're feeling like supporting the photog.social Mastodon instance monetarily, feel free to choose an option below.
We appreciate it and 💘 the support!