"“The whole point of taking pictures is so that you don’t have to explain things with words.”
— Elliott Erwitt
This was a milestone bird for me, my 550th. This pic of the Red-billed Scimitar Babbler was shot in The Land of the Dawn-lit Mountains
Congrats on said milestone. Shooting 550 birds is a huge one (specially since they are so fidgety much of the time).
@samyukth My dad used to use a Nikon to take pictures of wildlife as well - he'd just stay very still, in one spot, until the animals would decide he was harmless and act naturally.
(He also did this with people. It's how he got good shots.)
However, he never took pictures of birds in India, as he has never been to India. This is a remarkable picture. Thank you for sharing.
@Truck Thank you. Reminds me of this lovely quote - "In order to see birds it is necessary to become part of the silence." ~ Robert Lynd.
@samyukth the downside of only taking pictures and not describing them in words, is that you exclude part of society who are visually challenged. :)
@FiXato Ah, true that. That thought never really occurred to me - that's a perspective that I need to be a little bit more sensitive to.
A place for your photos and banter. Photog first is our motto
- photog.social doesn't monetize or profit off of your personal information
- Export and leave anytime
- Zero tolerance for harassment or bullying, if you do this your account will be deleted
- All content is ©️ each user and cannot be distributed or used without prior permission by the respective photog.social user
- By using this site you understand that it is not a backup or permanent repository for your information, statuses or media ; additionally, your media was downsized on original upload and is not exportable at this time upon transferring to new instance
- You may support the community by boosting and positively interacting with everyone
- No Loli
- No Bots w/o Approval
- Respect Others
If you're feeling like supporting the photog.social Mastodon instance monetarily, feel free to choose an option below.
We appreciate it and 💘 the support!