@fringoo Thanks. I’m rarely good with light
@matt It totally depends on what emotion you want to convey. Warm tones look like hopeful sunrise. Neutral tones are more eerie.
The planned film was T-Max 3200P, but my 35mm gear broke down on a first frame, all I had in medium format was Portra 160, so we had to shift the idea and improvise. I tried shooting faster than 1/4 on a tripod and then asked the lab to push it to ISO 800. Shadows did not survive, but I quite like the results.
@filmhotdog shiet, I gotta start hashtagging my photos on instagram. If you wanna do more portraiture with semi-professional or indie models, instagram is a must. Go for it!
@shukowski Mastodon to me is to much like twitter and I've never liked twitter and like @Jondor said it's hard to follow the flow of conversation on it. Pixelfed can work but it needs a killer app on phones like Insta or visco. Surprisingly the Flickr app is really well laid out and I use it instead of insta and follow some great photographers that are still active there.
@filmhotdog I’d use flickr, but for me main draw to social media is the ease of finding models to shoot. Like I could live without using instagram, I thought of just giving my account and photos to a friend to manage, but then I’d have no way of communicating with models and audience.
My friends put my photo on their debut single cover.
bought myself a LOMO’Instant Wide. #photography
Yeah, same here. I try to talk to popular instagram photographers, suggesting to start posting here and/or on #pixelfed, because as I see it, few sparks(with 10k followers) are all it takes for this to get traction. But even though they crap on instagram all the time and like the sound of free uncensored alternative, they don’t really wanna do anything about it.
I’d love to leave instagram ASAP, staying there when free alternatives exist just doesn’t make sense.
I take alright pictures of human butts and such.
Most photos are shot on Mamiya 645E and Olympus OM-1n
A place for your photos and banter. Photog first is our motto
- photog.social doesn't monetize or profit off of your personal information
- Export and leave anytime
- Zero tolerance for harassment or bullying, if you do this your account will be deleted
- All content is ©️ each user and cannot be distributed or used without prior permission by the respective photog.social user
- By using this site you understand that it is not a backup or permanent repository for your information, statuses or media ; additionally, your media was downsized on original upload and is not exportable at this time upon transferring to new instance
- You may support the community by boosting and positively interacting with everyone
- No Loli
- No Bots w/o Approval
- Respect Others
If you're feeling like supporting the photog.social Mastodon instance monetarily, feel free to choose an option below.
We appreciate it and 💘 the support!