For World Bee Day [ https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_Bee_Day ], here are some shots I took of one of Singapore's bees, the Broad-handed Carpenter Bee (Xylocopa latipes).
Looks intimidating but as long as you don't bother it, it won't bother you. This particular bee was more interested in circling around its territory and resting at the spot than in attacking the human taking photos of it. 🙂
@sohkamyung fabulous photos!
@sohkamyung doesn't look like a bee at all!
@kete It's a pretty big bee, like bumblebees.
@sohkamyung Thanks for reminding me about world bee day! Broad-handed Carpenter Bee looks badass.
A place for your photos and banter. Photog first is our motto
- photog.social doesn't monetize or profit off of your personal information
- Export and leave anytime
- Zero tolerance for harassment or bullying, if you do this your account will be deleted
- All content is ©️ each user and cannot be distributed or used without prior permission by the respective photog.social user
- By using this site you understand that it is not a backup or permanent repository for your information, statuses or media ; additionally, your media was downsized on original upload and is not exportable at this time upon transferring to new instance
- You may support the community by boosting and positively interacting with everyone
- No Loli
- No Bots w/o Approval
- Respect Others
If you're feeling like supporting the photog.social Mastodon instance monetarily, feel free to choose an option below.
We appreciate it and 💘 the support!