Happy to get my first sighting of the Sultan (Camacinia gigantea), taken on 30 August, 2020. This was at the Kranji Marshes, Singapore. I knew it was the Sultan from its distinctive size and colour but had to wait until it settled to get the shot.
The Sultan is a rare local dragonfly that looks like the local Common Parasol dragonfly, but is twice as large.
On iNaturalist [ https://www.inaturalist.org/observations/58005380 ]
@sohkamyung what a wonderful colour, and I love the detail of the wings that you captured
@GwenfarsGarden Thanks. 🙂 The details tend to stand out because of the red colour. That also applies to the red wings of the smaller Common Parasol.
@sohkamyung yeh, but also coz you took a really good photo :)
@sohkamyung Magnificent beasties!
@QueenMollyBones Thanks. Definitely a great beastie. 🙂
A place for your photos and banter. Photog first is our motto
- photog.social doesn't monetize or profit off of your personal information
- Export and leave anytime
- Zero tolerance for harassment or bullying, if you do this your account will be deleted
- All content is ©️ each user and cannot be distributed or used without prior permission by the respective photog.social user
- By using this site you understand that it is not a backup or permanent repository for your information, statuses or media ; additionally, your media was downsized on original upload and is not exportable at this time upon transferring to new instance
- You may support the community by boosting and positively interacting with everyone
- No Loli
- No Bots w/o Approval
- Respect Others
If you're feeling like supporting the photog.social Mastodon instance monetarily, feel free to choose an option below.
We appreciate it and 💘 the support!