Spotted a Cyana sp. moth pupa surrounded by a cage of its own spines at Chestnut Nature Park, Singapore, on 19 July 2021. Silk threads hold the pupa in the middle of the cage, and the discarded caterpillar skin outside it.
When the caterpillar of this family of moths is ready to pupate, it builds a cage of spines from its discarded caterpillar skin for protection.
On iNaturalist [ https://www.inaturalist.org/observations/87686684 ]
A place for your photos and banter. Photog first is our motto
- photog.social doesn't monetize or profit off of your personal information
- Export and leave anytime
- Zero tolerance for harassment or bullying, if you do this your account will be deleted
- All content is ©️ each user and cannot be distributed or used without prior permission by the respective photog.social user
- By using this site you understand that it is not a backup or permanent repository for your information, statuses or media ; additionally, your media was downsized on original upload and is not exportable at this time upon transferring to new instance
- You may support the community by boosting and positively interacting with everyone
- No Loli
- No Bots w/o Approval
- Respect Others
If you're feeling like supporting the photog.social Mastodon instance monetarily, feel free to choose an option below.
We appreciate it and 💘 the support!