I'm trying to upload some images to photog.social, but have noticed some huge saturation loss that I don't find happens when I upload to FB or IG. Are there specific settings to keep this from happening? I usually just save as a max quality jpeg or a png. Should I be converting to an sRGB format?
@solsprak The mastodon code runs imagemagick behind the scenes to generate thumb nails and lower quality previews. I imagine it could cause the problem you've described. At this time there is no option for changing this behavior.
Does it also apply to the full images when you click on them?
@ambassador Time for an experiment.
@solsprak Let us know the results :)
A place for your photos and banter. Photog first is our motto
- photog.social doesn't monetize or profit off of your personal information
- Export and leave anytime
- Zero tolerance for harassment or bullying, if you do this your account will be deleted
- All content is ©️ each user and cannot be distributed or used without prior permission by the respective photog.social user
- By using this site you understand that it is not a backup or permanent repository for your information, statuses or media ; additionally, your media was downsized on original upload and is not exportable at this time upon transferring to new instance
- You may support the community by boosting and positively interacting with everyone
- No Loli
- No Bots w/o Approval
- Respect Others
If you're feeling like supporting the photog.social Mastodon instance monetarily, feel free to choose an option below.
We appreciate it and 💘 the support!